Confident Smiles of Germantown Update Letter
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last several years. While many things have changed, one thing that has remained the same is our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. These include:
- Our office may communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You may have your temperature taken when you enter the office.
- We ask that dental insurance and medication list updates be emailed to us in advance of your appointment to email@example.com . ( Front and back of insurance cards)
- If you are being accompanied by someone to your appointment, we ask that they wait in the car unless the patient is a minor or needs assistance.
- Face masks may be required if COVID transmission rates are on the rise.
- We have hand sanitizer at the reception counter that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find it at the checkout counter for you to use as needed.
- Our operatories have been streamlined as much as possible.
- You will notice that we will be wearing additional protective equipment for your safety. In addition, we have placed air purification equipment in each operatory and waiting room.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 301-540-2065 or to send an email, visit our website at confidentsmilesofgermantown.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing our patients and friends.
Dean and Karen Schramek